Solo entry | 2-person relay team
Please note: In 2018, all courses will be reversed so they start in Kawerau and finish in downtown Rotorua. The course map and aid station info will be updated soon. As a guide, the information below shows the 2017 course map and aid stations.
|Hardest cutoff pace required (min./km)||14:06/km|
|Expected time first finisher||12:25pm|
|Expected time last finisher||8:40pm|
|Trail type||Native forest single trail 61%, minor forest track / road 28%, single track exotic forest 5%|
|Aid Station||Km covered||Distance to next (km)||Distance from previous (km)||Cut-Off||Cut-off pace (min/km)||Est. time: Front runner||Est. time: Final runner||Crew / spectator access||Relay change-over||Drop bags|
|Start: Western Okataina, Millar Rd||0||15.8||0||07:15||07:15||Leg 1: 33km|
|Okataina Lodge||15.8||9.6||15.8||11am||14.24/km||08:30||10:30||Yes, Shuttle bus||Yes|
|Tarawera Outlet||33||5.3||7.6||10:00||14:00||Yes||Leg 2: 29.9km|
|Finish-line||62.9||0||5||No final cut-off||12:25||20:46||Yes|
- Each member of a relay team gets a race number. They are identical and all have your team name on them.
- 62km relay teams swap runners at The Outlet.
- All relay team runners will receive an individual medal at the finish-line.
- Team members can run more than one leg if a team-member has dropped out.
- Two cars per relay team is a good idea to get around the course efficiently (especially for fast teams).
- There are no shirts given to relay team runners. Tarawera t-shirt are available for purchase at our online store, or at the event expo.
- All race rules and cutoff times apply to relay teams.
- Relay runners are not allowed to have pacers.
- Relay team runners do not need drop bags.