Solo entry | 2-person relay team | 4-person relay team
Please note: In 2018, all courses will be reversed so they start in Kawerau and finish in downtown Rotorua. The course map and aid station info will be updated soon. As a guide, the information below shows the 2017 course map and aid stations.
|Hardest cutoff pace required (min./km)||11:32/km|
|Expected time first finisher||12:20pm|
|Expected time last finisher||11pm|
|Trail type||Native forest single trail 57%, minor forest track / road 26%, major forest road 5%, single track exotic forest 5%|
|Aid Station||Km covered||Distance to next (km)||Distance from previous (km)||Cut-Off||Cut-off pace (min/km)||Est. time: Front runner||Est. time: Final runner||Crew / spectator access||Relay change-over||Drop bags||Pacer start point|
|Start: Redwoods, Long Mile Rd||0||16.7||0||6:00 AM||6:00 AM||Yes||Leg 1: 16.7km|
|Tikitapu (Blue Lake)||16.7||6.8||16.7||10:00am||14.22/km||06:50||09:30||Yes||Leg 2: 23.2km||Yes|
|Okataina Lodge||39.9||9.6||16.4||1.50pm||11.46/km||08:30||13:50||Yes, Shuttle bus||Leg 3: 22.5km||Yes|
|Tarawera Falls||62.4||9.4||5.3||6.00pm||11.32/km||10:40||18:00||Yes||Leg 4: 24.6km||Yes||Yes|
|Finish-line||87||0||5||No final cut-off||12:23||23:00||Yes|
- Each member of a relay team gets a race number. They are identical and all have your team name on them.
- 87km relay teams swap at Tikitapu (Blue Lake), Okataina and Tarawera Falls (to be confirmed for the 2017 event)
- All relay team runners will receive an individual medal at the finish-line.
- Team members can run more than one leg if a team-member has dropped out.
- Two cars per relay team is a good idea to get around the course efficiently (especially for fast teams).
- There are no shirts given to relay team runners. Tarawera t-shirt are available for purchase at our online store, or at the event expo.
- All race rules and cutoff times apply to relay teams.
- Relay runners are not allowed to have pacers.
- Relay team runners do not need drop bags.