Solo entry | 2-person relay team
Please note: In 2018, the 62, 87 and 102km ultra and relay courses will likely be reversed so they finish in downtown Rotorua. A final decision has not been made on the course direction or course alignments. As a guide, the information below shows the 2017 courses.
|Start||Millar Road Aid Station, start of Western Okataina Walkway|
|Finish||Firmin Field, Waterhouse Street, Kawerau|
|Hardest cutoff pace required (min./km)||14:06/km|
|Expected time first finisher||12:25pm|
|Expected time last finisher||8:40pm|
|Trail type||Native forest single trail 61%, minor forest track / road 28%, single track exotic forest 5%|
|Aid Station||Km covered||Distance to next (km)||Distance from previous (km)||Cut-Off||Cut-off pace (min/km)||Est. time: Front runner||Est. time: Final runner||Crew / spectator access||Relay change-over||Drop bags|
|Start: Western Okataina, Millar Rd||0||15.8||0||07:15||07:15||Leg 1: 33km|
|Okataina Lodge||15.8||9.6||15.8||11am||14.24/km||08:30||10:30||Yes, Shuttle bus||Yes|
|Tarawera Outlet||33||5.3||7.6||10:00||14:00||Yes||Leg 2: 29.9km|
|Finish-line||62.9||0||5||No final cut-off||12:25||20:46||Yes|
Change from 2016: New start location just past the Millar Road aid station. New 62km 2-person relay option. Relaxed cutoff times by about 2 minutes per km. Every runner now finishes in Kawerau. Generally a flatter and faster course, but also more scenic, more variety and less time spent on roads.
- Each member of a relay team gets a race number. They are identical and all have your team name on them.
- 62km relay teams swap runners at The Outlet.
- All relay team runners will receive an individual medal at the finish-line in Kawerau.
- Team members can run more than one leg if a team-member has dropped out.
- Two cars per relay team is a good idea to get around the course efficiently (especially for fast teams).
- There are no shirts given to relay team runners. Tarawera t-shirt are available for purchase at our online store, or at the event expo.
- All race rules and cutoff times apply to relay teams.
- Relay runners are not allowed to have pacers.
- Relay team runners do not need drop bags.