Entries for the 2015 race are now closed.
Entries for the 2016 race open on Monday 1 June at 11am New Zealand time. The field is limited to 1000 entries (each relay team counts as one entry). There is no limit on the number of entries for each distance, just 1000 entries overall.
When the race is full – we will have a wait-list.
Entry fees (all in $ NZ).
|Race Category||Super duper early-bird|
1 June to 30 June
|Early Bird |
1 July to 30 Oct.
1 Nov. -
|60km solo||$ 235||285||335|
Refund, transfer and deferral policy.
- Full race entry refund minus $25 (-$50 for overseas entrants) if you withdraw on or before 30 June.
– 50% refund if you withdraw from July to October.
– No refunds if you withdraw after after 31 October.
– Entries can not be transferred or sold to another runner or team.
– Entries can not be deferred until following years.
– These policies are fixed, please do not ask for exceptions.
How to withdraw
1. If you withdraw DURING the period where you are eligible for a refund.
– Send an email to Paul Charteris that you would like to withdraw.
– Include your bank account number (NZ) and bank account number + SWIFT code / BIC (international) for your refund.
– Include in your email, how much you paid for your entry (in $NZ).
This will automatically remove you from the start-list. No second chances.
2.If you withdraw AFTER the period where you are eligible for a refund.
– Send an email to Paul Charteris that you would like to withdraw. This will automatically remove you from the start-list. No second chances.
Updating your own details.
This can be done during ‘update week’ which is the first week in December. You can upgrade your distance during this time (there is a $30 fee for each distance upgraded).
– If the race is full and we have a waitlist, it will be linked from this page.
– A select few athletes that either increase the diversity of the race or competitiveness will be added to the front of the waitlist. These include runners from countries with five or fewer athletes represented and/or athletes that have demonstrated outstanding results in similar trail ultramarathon races.
Please read the complete event disclaimer.