Welcome to all media attending the 2016 Tarawera Ultramarathon. This is one of the most viewed endurance sports events in New Zealand. A large team of journalists, photographers and videographers from New Zealand, Australia, Europe, North America and Asia cover the event annually. This page contains resources to help media cover the event.
Upon registering for media accreditation, you will receive information about our VIP, programme, press passes and online media access. Media Accreditation form online.
Resources for attending media:
- Official 2016 race programme.
- 2016 Race media Brief
- Media friendly resources for 2016 race (word docs): media advisory national / international | 50, 100, 200 word descriptions | key messages 2016 race | Q&A about the event.
- 2016 Elite Athlete bios and images
- 2016 press releases
- 75,000 + images | high res. images for media (password protected). Contact below.
- The event newsletters | news stories from the 2015 race
– The largest ultramarathon run in New Zealand’s history.
– 600+ runners are competing in the 100k distance.
– The highest quality ultramarathon field ever assembled in New Zealand.
– One of the most competitive ultra running events in the world in 2016.
– The IAAF 2015 100k world Champion, Jonas Buud, from Sweden will be racing.
– Many world-class runners attending (some with tens-of-thousands of fans) from Asia, Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand.
– A point-to-point run from Rotorua to Kawerau.
– Over 1300 runners competing.
– 400 runners are from overseas – representing 38 countries.
– Race #2 of of the Ultra. Trail World Tour.
– Elements of Maori culture are woven into this event – including a Powhiri welcome on Marae, a karakia and waiata at the race start and specially carved trophies.
– Stories are available on individual runners – profiles and contacts are available. Can be sorted by region/city/gender/ distance and backstory.
We can help with…
– Story angles, photography and video.
– Access to the VIP programme, including Race Directors barbecue, scenic boat cruise and hangi dinner (upon media accreditation).
– Access to locations and famous athletes for interviews.
– Accommodation and free entrance to attractions.
– Transportation, privileged parking access, media recces and boat travel to cover the race.
– Assistance to develop stories and content provided by race partners, including: Te Puia, Destination Rotorua Marketing and the Tourism New Zealand International Media Programme.
– A detailed ‘shot list’ with the best locations to get the best photos and video on race day.
– Access to the elite runners and profiles of ‘interesting’ runners so you can create human interest stories.
– An access pass for several locations that are closed to the public on race day.
– An access pass for internet at key locations.
For further information about media opportunities or if you have any related questions, please contact:
Contact – Media Accreditation and media library access:
027 331 8055 | email@example.com
Contact – Media general questions.
027 600 0397 (international +64 27 600 0397) | firstname.lastname@example.org