Pacers are companion runners that can accompany a 100 Miler, 102km or 85km runner from various points. Please check each course page for more details and pacer pick-up locations. Pacers run for free. The Pacers role is to accompany their runner to provide moral support, pacing advice and companionship in the latter stages of the event.
There are strict rules regarding pacing.
- Pacers run for free. There is no fee.
- All pacers must check-in (print your name and sign in) prior to the race. Details to be confirmed.
- Pacer numbers will be white. This is so we know you are part of the event. Check-in any time after 9am.
- You cannot meet your runner before or after these locations or at intermediate points. Doing so results in disqualification.
- Competitors, you can use two pacers – but only one at a time (they must change over at an Aid Station).
- If you plan to make an exchange, you must hand over your pacer number to the next pacer.
- Pacers are responsible for their own transport.
- There are no pacers for 62k runners or relay team runners.
- Pacers may not carry extra water, food or equipment for runners.
- With the exception of an emergency or medical situation, pacers cannot provide any material assistance to their runners.