10th annual Tarawera Ultramarathon | 10 February 2018 | Rotorua New Zealand
Details for the 2018 event to be confirmed.
|Date||Saturday 10 February 2018|
|Distances||62, 87, 102 and 162km. Relay options: 2 or 4 person for the 87km distance, 2 person relay for the 62km. More details on the Tarawera Ultra course.|
|Entry||Entry opens on 1 June at 11am (NZ) time each year. Expect the race to sell-out. Entry is limited to 1250 entrants *each relay team counts as one entry.|
|Minimum age||17* for the 102km and 16* for other distances. Note -athletes aged 17 and intending to compete in the 102km and athletes aged 16 and competing in either the 62 or 87km will be required to submit evidence to the organiser that they have participated in similar events.|
|Prizes and prize money||The top five place finishers (male and female) in each solo ultra distance receive a custom medal. The 102k winners receive a trophy. There is no prize money.|
|Race programme||The latest race programme is here|
|Information for Crew & Spectators||Crew & Spectators information is here.|
|Information for Pacers||Relevant information for pacers can be found here.|
Tarawera Ultramarathon Mobile App
Follow the race on the mobile app – available on both iPhone and Android. The app will be updated around 2 weeks before race day.
2018 QUICK CHECKLIST
- Race week starts on Wednesday evening and ends on Sunday evening. You are welcome to attend all race week activities.
- Race Expo is at the Distinction Hotel, Rotorua. Friday, 9 February from 9am to 8pm.
- There will be Tarawera merchandise plus sponsors products at the Expo.
- Registration is at the Distinction Hotel, Rotorua. Friday, 9 February from 9am to 12-noon for all 100 Miler entrants, and from 12-noon to 8pm for all Tarawera Ultra entrants.
- Bring your Photo ID to register and compulsory gear if required.
- If you cannot make it, a friend can pick up your race number (62km solo/relay only) – they will need a printed copy of your Photo ID.
- Do not queue up for registration before it opens if you can avoid it.
- Remember to pick up safety pins at the registration desk.
- Your timing chip is on the back of your race number.
- Do not bend or break your race number and make sure it is visible and facing forward on race day.
- Safety information is printed on the back of your race number.
- All drop bags and headlamps must be labelled (we provide pre-printed labels for you and your supporters).
- You can change your distance at race registration. A $30 admin fee will apply.
- Spectator bus tickets for the Tarawera Forest ($20) can be purchased at the Expo on Friday.
- All 85 and 102km runners must be weighed before they can register, therefore no one can register on their behalf.
- All runners: a free bus will take you from Rotorua to the start-lines in Kawerau (102k) and the Tarawera Forest (85 and 62k).
- Optional pre-race weigh-in and compulsory gear check at Podium Podiatry, 1274 Tutaneki Street, Rotorua on Wednesday, 7 February from 12-noon to 5pm and Thursday, 8 February from 9am to 5pm.
2018 RACE DAY
- Race start for the 102km is 7:00am at Firmin Field, Kawerau.
- Race start for the 87km is 7:30am in the Tarawera Forest. This will be accessible by bus only. No private cars will be allowed at the 87k race start.
- Race start for the 62km is 8:00am at the Tarawera Falls. This will be accessible by bus only. No private cars will be allowed at the 62k race start.
- If we require compulsory gear – we will inspect EVERY runner at a checkpoint.
- Be a safe, courteous and patient crew member / supporter at all times. Do not speed.
- The free shuttle from the Rotoiti Rugby clubrooms will take relay runners and spectators to Okataina.
- Pick up your drop bags from the finish-line by showing your race number or handing in the tab that shows your runner’s number.
- Be safe and look after each other at all times.
- An optional shuttle bus will take spectators and crew in the Tarawera Forest. This shuttle will stop at Fisherman’s Bridge, the top of Titoki Road and The Outlet. Each spectator bus returns to Kawerau.