Ultra-Trail World Tour
The Tarawera Ultramarathon 102km is part of the global Ultra-Trail ® World Tour .
The Ultra-Trail ® World Tour is an international circuit with shared values:
- The races in the Ultra-Trail® World Tour, in their specific natures, illustrate all the diversity of trail: steep paths of the Alps, California trails, hills and beaches of Hong Kong, Moroccan desert…
- The races’ many different formats present participants with a real adaptation challenge.
- Between The North Face® Lavaredo Ultra-Trail and the Tarawera 102km Ultramarathon, between the Ultra-Trail Mont Fuji and The North Face® Transgrancanaria, participants need very different qualities to win, or simply to become a finisher.
- While being fundamentally different, the Ultra-Trail® World Tour races have common values, which they are proud to share and to promote. Ethics, equality in sports, self-respect, respect for others, for the Environment…
- Taking part in the Ultra-Trail® World Tour is the opportunity, throughout the years, to discover cultural and sporting differences. Every continent is included: Africa, America, Asia, Europe, Oceania… providing opportunities to enhance their sporting culture, create new friendships, and to feed on emotions in order, one day perhaps, to be a “finisher” in all the events.
The Ultra-Trail ® World Tour Ranking is determined using the following criteria:
- The Ranking is open to all athletes, regardless of level.
- An athlete must complete at least two races to be included in the Ranking.
- The best three results are taken into account for the final Ranking, including a maximum of two results from the “Series”.
- Both men’s and women’s Rankings are established with similar rules.
- See more details about the Ultra Trail World Tour athlete rankings.