In addition to the below, all athletes should be aware of the rules of misconduct and our anti-doping policy as presented in the athlete information.
1. I have read and understand the information regarding this event and understand that I participate in this event at my own risk.
2. I acknowledge and accept that trail running carries an inherent risk of injury, illness and in extreme cases, death.
3. I will be drug and alcohol-free for this event.
4. I acknowledge that although the event has medical personnel and resources at various points along the course, the inaccessibility of much of the trail will make it difficult or impossible for medical assistance to reach me immediately and extractions may take a period of time.
5. I agree to allow event medical staff to treat me as they see fit.
6. I hereby attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event.
7. I understand that competing in this event may involve running and walking on wilderness trails with rocks, roots, stream crossings, and up and down steep terrain. The hazards may include but are not limited to; challenging terrain, rocks, roots, adjacent streams, rivers, motor vehicle traffic, slippery surfaces, loose rocks, soft sand, weather conditions, heat exhaustion, hypothermia, actions of spectators, other competitors, the general public and the event organisers personnel.
8. I agree to comply with the rules and directions of event officials and their personnel.
9. I will stay on the marked course at all times unless instructed by event staff.
10. I will obey all course marking.
11. If race management indicates that compulsory gear is needed in this year’s edition of the race, I will wear or take the compulsory safety equipment required by the event.
12. My support crew and I will obey the instructions given by event staff.
13. I accept that I may be pulled from the course at any time with the discretion of event staff primarily for, but not limited to, safety reasons.
14. I will complete the entire course under my own power.
15. I will not light any fires.
16. I will be respectful of other trail users such as recreational walkers and mountain bikers.
17. I will not litter.
18. Smoking is not permitted at any of the checkpoints or along the trail by participants, staff, spectators or supporters.
19. Any participant who is unable to finish the event must inform the nearest event staff of their decision to withdraw and make sure their race number is recorded, or text the Safety or Operations Manager (see the rear of race number for phone numbers).
20. Participants who leave the course/event without informing staff of their race number will be classified as “missing”. The participant will be contacted on their mobile phone and their emergency contact will be called. If there is no response from either party or the emergency contact does not know the status of the runner, a search will be activated. Any search-related costs will be charged to the participant.
21. Anti-Doping Policy and Statement: Race management reserves the right to drug test any participant competing in this event – from the time of registration to after the completion of the event. Agreement to submit to drug testing is a condition of entry.
22. I understand that the event transfer and refund policies are, as stated on the website at the time I entered, and are not negotiable.
23. I hereby allow the use of my name and image to be used in the media and for marketing purposes.
24. I hereby allowing aerial filming of myself, including the use of drones, as part of this event.
25. I hereby agree that in the case of event cancellation due to extreme inclement weather (at the discretion of event officials), my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
26. I hereby acknowledge this waiver, release and indemnity discharge all persons, corporations, associations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and their servants, agents, representatives, officers and employees. This includes but is not limited to the various committees, members, and employees of all independent contracted suppliers to the event, local councils, cities and districts and their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents, volunteers, event organisers and sponsors whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributed to the act or neglect of any or more of them.
27. I also understand that my contact details will be added to the IRONMAN New Zealand Ltd. events database and that I will receive emails directly from IRONMAN New Zealand. You can always opt out of the email list.
28. I understand that I can unsubscribe from this database at any time. IRONMAN New Zealand will not, under any circumstances, distribute at any time, the contact details of those on the IRONMAN database.