ATHLETE CHECK-IN: 9am – 9pm Friday 12th February (all distances),
7am – 9am Saturday 13th February (21km ONLY) – at the Lakefront Reserve.
You will need to provide photo ID (preferably a drivers licence or passport) and your mandatory gear/pre-inspection certificate to be issued with a race number, timing device and drop bag tag/s.
4 Jun 2020 - 30 Sep 2020
1 Oct 2020 - 14 Jan 2021
15 Jan 2021 - 12 Feb 2021
Prices are inclusive of all fees and taxes
Entry Fees Include
- Race number
- Timing device
- Drop bag tag/s
- Medical support/assistance
- Buffet aid stations
- Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food & drink vendors
- Finishers medal (102km, 50km, 21km)
- Pounamu (carved from New Zealand jade stone) pendant (100 Miler finishers only)
- Athlete t-shirt (100 Miler, 102km, 50km only)
|4 June 2020||Entries open|
|30 September 2020||Early entries close|
|20 November 2020||50% refundable entry ends|
|1 January 2021||Refunds close|
|10 January 2021||General entries close|
|17 January 2021||Personalised bib cut-off|
|5pm, 11 February 2021||Distance transfers close
Person-to-person transfers close
Online entries close
|12 February 2021||Onsite entries ONLY|
Register for the 100 Miler or 102km before 11:59 pm Friday 3 July 2020 and you are eligible to defer your entry to the 2022 Tarawera Ultramarathon free of charge. All deferral requests will be honoured until 11:59pm, 5 January 2021 regardless of the reason for deferral.
- Under no circumstances will deferral requests will be accepted after this date.
- Athletes must have paid the entry fee in full (including all partial payments if on the Payment Plan) to be eligible for a deferral.
- All additional purchases are non-refundable and non-deferrable.
Athletes confirmed in the race who wish to defer their entry to 2022, must do so in writing to the race office via email at email@example.com.
It is the athletes responsibility to ensure the race office has received any communication. If you do not receive a response from the race office within 10 business days of request, it should be assumed that it has not been received and you should contact us by phone 09 601 9590.
Note: Once a deferral has been granted or completed the option to receive any retrospective refund or make further deferrals is no longer available.
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Withdrawal dates. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entry fee refunds requested up until midnight Friday 20 November 2020 will receive 50% of their entry fee.
- Entry fee refunds requested from Saturday 21 November 2020 up until midnight Friday 1st January 2021 will receive 25% of their entry fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable from Saturday 2 January 2021.
All additional purchases, such as transport, merchandise and race-week activities, are non-refundable.
Transfer Your Entry to a Different Distance
Transfers between race distances can be made in accordance with the below stated Online Distance Transfer dates, or until the race is sold out.
- Transfers between race distances can be made online up until 5pm, Thursday 11 February 2021, or until the race distance is sold out.
- A transfer fee of $37.80 including all fees and taxes will be charged for all transfers between distances.
- Please be aware that you cannot transfer to a sold out event.
- If you decide to upgrade your event to a longer distance and space is available, you will need to pay the difference in entry fees.
- If you decide to downgrade your event to a shorter distance and space is available, unfortunately we are not able to refund the difference in entry fees.
If you would like to transfer between race distances prior to 5pm, Thursday 11 February 2021, please log in to your MyEvents Portal and select Change Event Category.
Transfer Your Entry to Someone Else
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer dates. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
- Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else up until 5pm, Thursday 11 February 2021.
- A transfer fee of $37.80 including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else to a different distance event (i.e. 102km to 50km).
- All additional purchases, such as event merchandise and race-week activities, are non-transferrable.
If you would like to transfer your entry to someone else prior to 5pm, Thursday 11 February 2021, please log in to your MyEvents Portal and select Transfer Registration. You will be required to give the email address of the person you are transferring the entry to. The receiving athlete will then receive an email to complete the registration and will be required to pay for the entry at the current price. The original athlete is then refunded their entry fee, less the $37.80 transfer fee.
Note: It is not permitted to transfer your race entry to someone else other than through this process, including on Race Day. It is very important for health and safety reasons for us to know the correct identity of every athlete on course, and accordingly it is strictly prohibited to race under another person’s race bib. Any athletes caught doing this will be disqualified and may be prevented from entering future events.
Policies Relating to COVID-19
What if the event does not take place on 13 February 2021, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Where possible, the event will be rescheduled, and if this happens all registered athletes will have their race registration moved to the new event date. We will provide as much notice as we can, and if this doesn’t work for you we will provide other options such as an Event Credit, which can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in New Zealand or Australia.
What if I am unable to make the rescheduled date, I am unable to get to either the original event or a rescheduled event due to border restrictions, or if the event does not happen at all?
Athletes will be offered an Event Credit to the value of your entry (including additional purchases). If border restrictions still remain in place 30 days out from the event, affected Athletes will also be offered an Event Credit. This Event Credit can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in New Zealand or Australia.