ATHLETE CHECK-IN: 9am – 9pm Friday 11th February (all distances),
7am – 9am Saturday 12th February (21km ONLY) – at the Lakefront Reserve.
You will need to provide photo ID (preferably a drivers licence or passport) and your mandatory gear/pre-inspection certificate to be issued with a race number, timing device and drop bag tag/s.
3 Jun 2021 - 30 Sep 2021
1 Oct 2021 - 13 Jan 2022
14 Jan 2022 - 11 Feb 2022
Prices are inclusive of all fees and taxes
Available if you enter the 100 Miler or 102km before 11:59pm Friday 2 July 2021.
All three payments must be completed for an athlete to race – partial payments will not be refunded or honoured as race entries. Note: Payment Plan Option applicable to early pricing only.
At the time of registration
|100 Miler: NZD$285.00
Requested on 30 July and due 6 August 2021
|100 Miler: NZD$260.00
Requested on 30 August and due 6 September 2021
|100 Miler: NZD$260.00
Prices are inclusive of all fees and taxes.
Entry Fees Include
- Race number
- Timing device
- Drop bag tag/s
- Medical support/assistance
- Buffet aid stations
- Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food & drink vendors
- Finishers medal (102km, 50km, 21km)
- Pounamu (carved from New Zealand jade stone) pendant (100 Miler finishers only)
- Athlete t-shirt (100 Miler, 102km, 50km only)
|3 June 2021||Entries open|
|30 September 2021||Early entries close|
|26 November 2021||45% refundable entry ends|
|7 January 2022||22% refundable entry ends|
|13 January 2022||General entries close|
|16 January 2022||Personalised bib cut-off|
|6 February 2022||100 Miler Pacer registrations close|
|5pm, 10 February 2022||Distance transfers close
Person-to-person transfers close
Online entries close
|11 February 2022||Onsite entries ONLY|
Deferral (100 mILER OR 102KM ATHLETES)
Defer your entry to the 2023 Tarawera Ultramarathon (to the same distance only) regardless of the reason. To be eligible, you must register on or before 11:59pm Friday 2 July 2021 and submit a request on or before 11:59pm, 7 January 2022. The deferral may only be exercised once. Athletes who elect to defer their entries forfeit any Athlete Withdrawal eligible refund. Deferrals are only available for individual entries (100 Miler or 102km distances). The Deferral Program is not available to athletes who have deferred into this event, or entered the event through the use of Event Credit or partially paid a payment plan. All deferrals are final.
Any additional purchases are non-deferrable and will be refunded in line with the Oceania Athlete Withdrawal Program stated below.
No deferrals are offered for the 50km or 21km.
OCEANIA ATHLETE WITHDRAWAL PROGRAM
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates only. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELIGIBLE ATHLETE WITHDRAWAL REFUNDS
Where eligible, please allow up to 30 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, it is the athlete’s responsibility to notify our customer service team when requesting the eligible refund.
|26 November 2021 11:59pm (NZT)||45% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to 11:59pm (NZT) on this date.|
|7 January 2022 11:59pm (NZT)||22% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to 11:59pm (NZT) on this date. No refunds for athlete withdrawals after this date.|
**The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will be refunded in addition to the entry fee: Official Event Photographer photo packages. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving, shuttle bus tickets, are not refundable.
**Athletes who have deferred into this event from a previous year or entered the event through the use of an Event Credit or partially paid payment plan are not eligible for athlete withdrawal refunds.
Please note: It is each athlete’s sole responsibility to ensure that they can attend and compete in the event on the day. Other than as provided for in the Athlete Withdrawal program set out above, no refunds will be given for change of mind, change of personal circumstances, or injury.
If you decide to withdraw after collecting your race bib at Athlete Check-In, please advise Event Information onsite and hand your timing chip in. If you need to withdraw on race day, your details must be recorded by the Drop Out Clerk located at Event Information.
Transfer Your Entry to a Different Distance
Athletes can request to transfer their entry to a lesser or greater race distance up until such time as that race distance is sold out, subject to the following terms:
- To request a transfer from one race distance to another, athletes must log into their MyEvents account and select Change Category before 5:00pm (NZT) on 10 February 2022. After this date, such requests can only be made at the Help Desk at Athlete Check-in.
- Where an athlete requests to transfer to a greater distance and space is available, the athlete is required to pay the difference in entry fees between the two distances.
- Where an athlete requests to transfer to a shorter distance and space is available, the difference in entry fees will not be refunded.
- Athletes on the payment plan, or deferred into this event, are required to contact email@example.com to request a change in distance.
Transfer Your Entry to Someone Else
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer date.
- Person to Person transfers accepted up until 5:00pm (NZT) on 10 February 2022. No person to person transfers accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $40NZD including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Athletes can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered.
- The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will not be transferred with your entry but will be refunded: Official Event Photographer. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving, shuttle bus tickets, are not refundable and will not be transferred with your entry.
- As Shuttle Bus tickets are non-refundable, the person purchasing the transferred entry will need to purchase new Shuttle Bus tickets at the time of the online transfer.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (i.e. 102km to 50km).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant must log in to their MyEvents account, select Transfer Registration and follow the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will be sent a link to complete the registration and will need to pay for the entry (at the current entry price) in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $40NZD including all fees and taxes transfer fee
- Athletes on the payment plan, or deferred into this event, are required to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Person to Person transfer.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our athletes on course.
COVID-19 RELATED POLICIES
What if the event does not take place on 12 February 2022, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Where possible, the event will be rescheduled, and if this happens all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) automatically moved to the new event date. We will provide as much notice as we can.
If for reasons beyond the Event Operator’s control the event does not take place at all for reasons relating to COVID-19, all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) moved to the same event in 2023.
In the circumstance set out above, there will be no refund of the athlete’s entry fee (or any portion of) or any other costs incurred in connection with the event.
What if I can’t make the date I have automatically been moved to?
Athletes will be given a limited time opportunity to defer their entry to the following year. Any additional purchases will be refunded.
What if the 2022 Tarawera Ultramarathon takes place on 12 February 2022 but is subject to a capacity or density limit?
2022 Tarawera Ultramarathon will be conducted in accordance with all health orders in place at the time of the event, including any requirements of the New Zealand Government and/or, Ministry of Health and any conditions of a COVID-19 Safety Plan. Where the event becomes subject to a capacity or density limit, impacted participants (assessed by order of registration) will be invited to select from a number of options, including deferral into the 2023 event or a full refund. We will provide as much notice as we can.
What if I cannot make the event due to Border Restrictions or implications of the COVID-19 Pandemic?
The Tarawera Ultramarathon takes place in Rotorua, New Zealand. It is each athlete’s individual responsibility to ensure they can attend the event location on the event date. No refunds will be given to athletes unable to attend due to border restrictions. Impacted athletes will be given a limited time opportunity to defer their entry to the following year. For any questions please contact our event team at email@example.com.