Each year, our army of 300+ helpful, energetic, friendly volunteers help feed and water runners, sign them up at registration, rake leaves off the trails, drive boats, mark over 100 km of wilderness terrain, assist media, give out hugs and bandage blisters.
For Volunteer enquiries please contact the team through our email address email@example.com
Please register your interest with us to volunteer – it only takes a minute! The volunteer roles (mainly) include:
- Course marking (week before). Putting ribbons and markers out on the course. You need to know where you are going!
- Race Registration/Media/Seminar: Friday. Helping to register runners, answer questions on the helpdesk, put up signs, assist sponsors and look after an expected 3000 people. Packing down and tidy up.
- Blue Lake Start: Saturday. Helping with parking and making sure everyone finds their way to the start line.
- Kawerau Aid Stations (Titoki to Humphries): Saturday. Helping set up the buffet aid stations, feeding and watering runners, drop bags and providing encouragement. Volunteers report to the Aid Station Captain.
- Rotorua Aid Stations (Humphries to Redwoods): Saturday. Helping set up the buffet aid stations, feeding and watering runners, drop bags and providing encouragement. Volunteers report to the Aid Station Captain.
- Rotorua Finish Line: Saturday & Sunday. Helping set up and staff the finish line area and looking after runners as they complete their epic journey. Packing down and tidy up.
- IT support and webcasting. Rotorua Finish Line: Saturday. Helping update the Event Tracking Database with runner status info at an assigned aid stations. Helping with LiveTrail reporting.
- Mountain Bike Patrol: Saturday. Making sure runners are ok on remote parts of the course.
- Tail-End Charlie: Saturday and Sunday. Cleaning up the course markings after the runners have passed by.